The Oregon Rural Practice-based Research Network (ORPRN) was established in 2002 at Oregon Health & Science University in Portland. ORPRN is dedicated to improving the health of rural Oregonians through community-engaged dialogue, coaching, education and research.
ORPRN facilitates a broad variety of clinical health care research, quality improvement projects, and practice transformation efforts in rural Oregon. ORPRN is committed to building and sustaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist organization. We do so by evaluating how we develop and support our workforce, the partnerships we uphold and how we engage in our work throughout Oregon.
Function/Duties of Position
The Research Project Coordinator, Entry (RPCE) position will coordinate small to medium sized research and implementation science projects. They work with the Primary Investigator and Research Project Manager on design, implementation, evaluation, and dissemination efforts, including developing sections of grant proposals, manuscripts and presentations. In addition, the RPCE builds and fosters relationships with community clinicians and clinics in order to conduct healthcare research projects. Specific responsibilities include:
- Monitor study activities and milestones
- Organize team meetings
- Train and indirectly supervise students and junior staff
- Foster relationships with stakeholders
- Draft sections of grant proposals
- Recruit and enroll study participants
- Contribute to the development and implementation of study and quality improvement protocols
- Participate in data collection, tracking and/or analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field AND 1 year of relevant experience; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work independently in a multi-task environment
- Experience in research data collection or research Project Coordination
- Experience in practice facilitation or quality improvement
- Experience in a primary care setting
- Experience in marketing, outreach or participant recruitment
Apply here online. Please be sure to upload a cover letter and CV. In your cover letter please address the following:
Describe how your experience and qualifications align with the needs of the position
Describe how you will contribute to ORPRN’s mission
Describe your experience/background/interest in (paid or unpaid positions) related to social justice, health equity, and/or other community-based work
All are welcome
As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply for this job please visit externalcareers-ohsu.icims.com.