We are seeking a qualified individual to fill a temporary assignment as a transportation services representative. Apply Today!
- If you are a current State of Oregon employee, you must apply through your employee Workday profile.
- Want to know about new job postings? Click HERE to subscribe for email notifications through GovDelivery!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
- You will communicate regularly with customers of diverse backgrounds, age and ethnic groups.
- You will perform counter work and assist the public in titling and registering vehicles and obtaining all types of over-the-road permits.
- You will interpret and apply vehicle laws and agency policies and regulations.
- Inspect supporting documents and applications for completeness and accuracy.
- Provide applicants with driver license study materials and assist them with the application process.
- Administer, correct and explain the law tests.
- Conduct and interpret the vision tests.
- Perform physical examination of vehicles in all weather conditions.
- Produce photo licenses, instruction permits and identification cards.
- Determine and collect appropriate fees for transactions.
- Assist in maintaining sensitive inventory and other office materials.
- Account for documents and monies received; maintain established balance standards; balance receipts at the close of each business day.
- You will conduct driver license examinations, including behind-the-wheel drive tests for regular class C vehicles.
- You may be required to travel and work in other offices in the Central Region, as well as attend training outside of the Region.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email Recruitment Consultant ODOTRecruitmentAE@odot.state.or.us.
What’s in it for you:
- Rewarding work in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Colleagues who are passionate about public service.
- Live, work and play in Bend, Oregon!
What we need:
- You will be required to use a vehicle to conduct business. You must possess and maintain a valid driver license and acceptable driving record. Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience working in a stressful, fast-paced environment with constant changing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience entering information into an electronic database.
- Experience processing and interpreting laws, policies and procedures.
- Experience dealing with angry or hostile customers.
How to apply:
- Complete the application.
- Complete questionnaire.
- After you submit your application, be sure to respond to the public records request (PRR) authorization and gender identity question. This screen will come after you submit and will complete the process. If you are an employee, the tasks will come to your Workday inbox.
- If you are a veteran, the task to claim preference will come after the PRR and gender identity tasks. For privacy reasons, please do not attach your DD214/DD215/civil service preference letter to your application or combine it with any other required document attachments. We will ask you for your documents later in the process. If you need time to locate or order your documents from the VA, please contact the recruiter at the phone number or email under the ‘Need help?’ section below.
- For questions, call 503-383-8854 or email ODOTRecruitmentAE@odot.state.or.us.
The fine print:
- Warning! The system will timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity. You must submit your application after you begin the process. You cannot save your progress and come back to it later.
- We may also use other factors to help us decide who will move forward, such as your related work experience, your education and the overall professionalism of your application materials.
- If you are a veteran you may receive preference. Click here for more information about veterans’ preference. If you checked that you are a veteran, we will ask you for your documents later in the process. It is important that you submit your documents as soon as you receive the request. If you need time or need to order your documents from the VA, please contact the recruiter at the phone number or email above. Do not attach your documents to your application when you submit.
- We do not offer Visa sponsorship. If you are hired, you will be required to fill out the US Department of Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming you are able to work in the US.
- Don’t attach extra documents. We will only look at documents that we ask for.
- We will use this recruitment to establish a list of qualified candidates to fill the current vacancy and possibly future vacancies as they occur in this unit or location.
- This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for Thursday, 10/8/2020 at 10:00am, but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- We will conduct name-based and fingerprint-based criminal background checks on final candidates under consideration for REAL ID designated positions. Employees in these positions have the ability to affect the identity information that appears on driver’s license or identification cards. All applicants may be subject to additional pre-employment check(s) such as driver license, LEDS (Law Enforcement Data System), and/or education verification as required for the position.
- Temporary appointments may be full-time or part-time and will not exceed six months or 1040 hours.
To apply for this job please visit oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.