This position requires a strong leader who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment. This role will ensure the store and its crew are delivering a world class customer experience to every customer through proper training and execution of our company customer service and operational standards. You will be the 2nd Assistant Manager in the store and will be trained in handling all management related processes and will be the leader and ambassador of the Customer Service Experience at your store.
- Setting Others Up for Success: Your main objective is to ensure the store good4u crew is trained and prepared to meet the expectations of their position. We believe in the importance of teamwork and winning big! It takes everyone performing at a high level to deliver outstanding results. You will be coaching and inspiring crew members regularly on how to get better as well as what they are excelling at. We are big believers of promoting from within. You will have the opportunity to participate in the interviewing, hiring, selection, development and management of the store team and ultimately set your crew members up for success.
- Instilling the Importance of Customer Service: One of our biggest differentiators is the customer service our amazing good4u crew members deliver! All training is conducted with a focus on serving our customers and fulfilling our mission one customer at a time. Incorporating why we do what we do, and impact if we do not deliver world class customer service, into your training is a must! Your example and leadership will be key! Your focus will be to identify opportunities throughout the store to improve the customer experience and ensure execution of identified solutions.
- Achieving Operational Excellence: Operational Excellence is the key to delivering a world class customer experience. This role will partner with the management team to ensure all processes and tasks, from A to Z, are managed effectively and efficiently. Critical areas of focus include: Inventory management, Shrink management, Achieving store financial targets, Policy compliance, Execution of marketing promotions / events, Product merchandising & signage, Meeting quality standards, Store / crew safety & security.
- Leadership & Professionalism: At Natural Grocer we believe Leadership starts with you! Leadership is about integrity, intent, capabilities, results and a commitment to care. This includes maintaining professional and respectful communication, advocating for support of the company’s strategic objectives and 5 Founding Principles, setting a consistent example of respect for both crew members and customers, mentoring department managers to ensure operational excellence, partnering with fellow store leaders to successfully complete the store’s objectives, adapting to an ever-changing environment, creating a positive store culture and sharing what you know with your crew so they are prepared to take the next step in their career at Natural Grocers.
- Rolling Up Your Sleeves: Can’t be afraid to use a little elbow grease or break a sweat in this role. You will be trained on all aspects of store operations and will be working with the crew in all departments to include: Body Care, Dairy / Frozen, Grocery, Produce, Receiving, and Vitamins, giving you the valuable perspective on how each department functions and what it takes to achieve operation excellence in these areas. There may even be times where you will be required to perform a little scrubbing, dusting and shining as needed.
- Getting the Job Done: Full schedule availability is required. This includes evenings and weekends.
- Moving on Up: This position offers insight into the overall perspective of successful store operations and opportunities to inspire and lead others; preparing you for advancement opportunities both in the stores as well as the store support center.
Although this is a general outline of job responsibilities all employees are expected to be “hands on” and do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company thrive.
Recipe for Success:
- Strong leadership skills – ability to inspire others and gain trust and credibility with team members.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure – staying calm in challenging situations and in all interactions with other employees and customers.
- Ability to exhibit patience and understanding when working with others and adapt to various learning styles.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working independently.
- Driven to succeed in meeting all deadlines in a timely manner.
- Full schedule availability; including evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated success in training individuals and groups on various topics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – to provide clear direction and training and manage emails and other inquiries.
- Staff management experience is a plus.
- Able to effectively manage changing priorities
- Proven analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Shows interest in natural/organic foods and supplements
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
This job description is not an employment contract. It does not guarantee a job or that the above listed duties are the limit of responsibilities. The job and job description are subject to change with and without notice. Employees are required to accomplish any and all tasks assigned to him/her by their Manager and/or other Home Office managers that may not be listed in this job description.
To apply for this job please visit careers-naturalgrocers.icims.com.