Website Knife River Corporation
Knife River is a PEOPLE-first company. Our team members are the key to our success, and we are committed to giving them the tools, training and time to do their jobs productively and go home safely each day. Our goal is to build strong teams that, in turn, build strong communities. Join our growing team today!
We have an excellent opportunity for a Shop Foreman (Day Shift) at our Shop in Bend, Oregon!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating activities of shop personnel engaged in repair and service of trucks and equipment
- Reviewing requests for repair to help determine problems and recommend solutions
- Scheduling and assigning work, coordinating efforts, providing technical guidance and reviewing progress of all assignments
- Communicating with the Shop Manager daily
- Completing all paperwork that may be necessary
- Managing large repair projects internally and with outside vendors
- Must have own journeyman hand tools, but Knife River does provide large tools and has a replacement policy
- Perform minor repairs as needed on equipment in the shop and in the field.
- Assuring all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes and behaviors observed.
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Five plus years of heavy-duty diesel mechanic experience with knowledge of paving equipment and trucks
- Strong trouble shooting skills
- Previous supervisory skills
- Strong verbal, written and computer skills needed
- Must be very reliable, able to work well under pressure and have the ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, physical/functional exam and drug screen
- Display a professional and courteous attitude towards all team members
- Full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Safety Incentives
- Years of Service Recognition
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at jobs.kniferiver.com by the posting deadline noted above. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
If you are an individual with a qualified disability as defined by federal, state, or local law and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application for any reason, please contact your state employment agency or you may call 541-693-5900 to speak with a human resources representative.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.mdu.com.