For 30 years, Hayden Homes has worked hard to build a reputation— for the quality of our homes and the passionate support we give to the communities in which we live and work throughout Oregon, Washington and Idaho. We exist to Give As You Go ™ so, together we build a strong community and lead fulfilled lives.
We have a collaborative, team centric and execution-oriented culture that encourages fulfillment, growth, and empowerment. It is this balance that makes Hayden Homes a fun, friendly and exciting place to work and grow. We are passionate about what we do – and we are looking for an Accounting Specialist to join our team!
How You Will Contribute:
As a Hayden Homes Accounting Specialist, you will be responsible for working collaboratively with the accounting, finance, and accounts payable departments to ensure timely and accurate financial information. This position provides support to the controller and staff accountants.
- Daily Accounting: Performs daily accounting tasks that involve researching and posting transactions to the general ledger.
- Month-end Reconciliations: Performs all month-end reconciliations necessary to close the books.
- Other Monthly Activities: Performs a variety of other accounting related duties including providing financial reporting support.
How You Will Succeed:
You are capable of driving results through effective communication. You manage your time through planning and priority setting and hold yourself accountable for producing quality work within tight timeframes. You are highly organized and know how to utilize your time wisely and efficiently to ensure your job gets done and those who depend on you have their needs met. You enjoy building relationships and collaborating with the team. You are good with following established processes and procedures, but you are also able to seek out information and use analytical thinking to get the job done.
What You Can Offer:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, to various audiences.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take initiative on work duties without immediate direction.
- Ability to utilize basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to perform calculations.
- Ability to work with team members to produce quality work within tight timeframes while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and strong attention to detail.
- 1 to 2 years accounting coursework or equivalent work experience required.
How You Will Be Rewarded:
Hayden Homes’ compensation and benefits package consists of a competitive base salary along with quarterly bonus opportunities, generous health care coverage including medical, dental and vision benefits for team members and dependents, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, a team member home purchase discount, paid time off, volunteer time off, education reimbursement and career development opportunities.
Who We Are:
The spirit of generosity determines everything we do, from the quality of our work to the way we act as a company. We partner with nonprofits, provide the dream of homeownership to deserving families, and empower every team member to be the next generation of givers.
Hayden Homes is continually striving to enhance the experience of our team members, which is one of the reasons we’ve been named the #1 Best Company to Work For by Oregon Business Magazine and Seattle Business Magazine and are in the top 10 Best Places to Work in Idaho.
At Hayden Homes, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We employ, train, compensate and promote team members regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.