Oversee the day to day operations of the Home Electronics department while providing friendly customer service. Be the subject matter expert in the Home Electronics department. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist store leaders and associates in providing a positive customer shopping experience.
- Maintain compliance with corporate policies/divisional standards for the Home Electronics department.
- Manage merchandising of department floor.
- Plan ads/store events to schematics.
- Schedule planograms and price changes.
- Verify implementation of weekly checklist, Merchandise Specialists Notes, and Period Planner.
- Authorize manager discretion markdowns.
- Audit missing markdown, markdown exception reports, file maintenance exceptions, scan audits, vendor logs, and in-store Price Change Recap.
- Sell products to customers; perform cashier functions.
- Manage overstock/understock conditions.
- Maintain electronic article surveillance (EAS) to company and merchandise exposure standards.
- Monitor daily/weekly sales and financial reports.
- Audit department supply orders and running intersection transfer log.
- Audit written distribution center returns/weekly recaps and returns to suppliers.
- Manage inventory process.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to identify areas of improvement within department and implement solutions
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks/projects
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Home electronics/music retail experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Report Management and Distribution System (RMDS)
To apply for this job please visit kroger.eightfold.ai.