Website Comfort Keepers - Bend
Comfort Keepers Bend is looking for a Caregiver to join our team. The Caregiver is responsible for the physical care and emotional support one of clients who has ALS. Hoyer Lift experience is preferred or the ability to learn how to use on quickly will work to. This position also requires that you work nightshifts.
The ideal candidate must be able to care for our clients and their property with dignity, patience, compassion, and respect. This person will encourage and remain empathetic to the clients at all times.
- Must have own vehicle
- Home assistance – Provide light housekeeping, run errands or provide transportation if needed. Accompany clients to appointments and assist with medications. Prepare meals, purchase food and provide personal assistance with general living needs. Personal services could include toileting, bathing, feeding and grooming. Provide any financial aid if needed such as balancing checkbooks, going to the bank or helping the client to pay their bills.
- Companionship – Provide companionship and conversation by stimulating, encouraging and assisting an individual.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Must be able to complete a Criminal Background report.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds at a time
- Ability to reach, bend, kneel and stand for (sometimes) a long period of time
Responsible for non-medical, in-home support services which provide for the comfort, safety, and general supervision of clients as well as home management services. Provides companionship to those individuals requiring socialization and/or minimum guidance to assure a safe, protected, clean, and orderly environment.
TEXT To 541-241-3225 Full Application
High school diploma or GED preferred. Must demonstrate satisfactory completion of any stated mandated training.
Applicant must be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and give permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing. Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality. Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
Must satisfactorily complete Comfort Keepers training and orientation program. Must accept responsibility for learning and adhering to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures, be able to function in the home setting with minimal direct supervision and maintain satisfactory relationships with administrative staff, clients, and family members. Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high standards of honesty and integrity.
- Performs duties as assigned on the plan of care.
- Assists the client with activities of daily living by providing any of the
- Comfort Keepers approved personal care activities including, but not limited to: bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, oral hygiene, and/or ambulation.
- Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members.
- Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s garments and linens and changing the bed.
- Assists in meeting nutritional needs by providing meal planning, meal preparation, grocery shopping, dishes, and kitchen clean-up.
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications.
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers.
- Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Completed required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided.
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities by being able to give full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Actively looks for ways to help others.
- Strong organizational skills and adjusting actions in relations to others.
Client home setting and automobile.
POSITION PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work requires moderate physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as driving, assisting clients in transfer activities and ambulation, and light housekeeping. Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, hear, see, reach, kneel, and crouch. Lifting only up to 25 pounds is permitted and may be required.
To apply for this job please visit ckbend.clearcareonline.com.