Website Braintree Hospitality
Responsible for assisting and supervising the Housekeeping Department. Assisting and supervising work activities of housekeeping and laundry department associates to insure clean laundry, and clean, orderly and attractive guest rooms, and all other common areas of the hotel. Working and communicating with the Executive Housekeeping Manager leading the Housekeeping Department.
Available to work Monday and Tuesday to cover the Housekeeping Manager. The other shifts scheduled must be able to work as a housekeeper or in laundry. Must also be flexible to work other shifts if necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Assisting to ensure correct staffing levels to meet demands of guests.
- Breaks out room disbursement with the number of attendants available.
- Having Daily Huddles/Meetings when the Executive Housekeeping Manager is off with housekeepers and informing them of opportunities, polices, reviewing SALT comments and latest news of the hotel. Assign focus points/projects daily work tasks to employees.
- Inspects the level of cleanliness in guest rooms, storage areas, laundry areas and public areas.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Reports appropriate guest complaints or requests to appropriate department. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensures cleaning and servicing of guest rooms is carried out in a timely and organized manner according to procedures and standards.
- Notifies guest services (front desk) when service is complete so rooms may be sold. Reports any room unable to be serviced within appropriate time standards to supervisor.
- Reports needed repairs of unsafe conditions to Management.
- Ensures that all policies, procedures, federal, state and local ordinances regarding personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations and safety are followed.
- Ensures all associates comply with safety policies, and report injuries per our policy.
- Assigns, supervises, and inspects housekeeping and laundry duties.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping and laundry services and equipment and takes corrective action.
- Assists with Executive Housekeeping Manager to taking monthly inventory, requisitions housekeeping and laundry supplies and equipment.
- Assisting in training new housekeeping and laundry staff. Thoroughly clean assigned rooms, i.e., sweep, mop, vacuum, dust, clean commodes, clean mirrors and windows, change linen, make beds, clean iron caddy and empty water from iron. Perform other general cleaning, i.e., vanity areas, coffee makers, etc. Check shower curtain for mildew, scum, and clean accordingly. Properly replace linen as needed. Replace guest amenities as needed.
- Inspecting Room Attendant carts, linen/storage rooms, and maintain in a clean presentable manner.
- Check for missing and/or damaged furniture, equipment, etc. and report/replace as necessary.
- Immediately inform management/maintenance of items needing repair or not working.
- Work in laundry area or as a housekeeper as necessary.
- Properly log and secure lost and found items daily.
- Maintain security for guests and property by keeping room doors locked at all times.
- Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service culture.
- Support team members to ensure the team’s entire workload is completed daily.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Knowledge of housekeeping and laundry operations and procedures
- Knowledge of proper use and storage of cleaning chemicals
- Knowledge of equipment such as vacuums, commercial washers and dryers
- Proficiently speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language. Ability to speak other languages in a multicultural work environment can be extremely helpful in facilitating good communication among all hotel team members.
- Able to speak, read, write, and comprehend a second language, preferably Spanish
- Able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
- Able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations
- Able to prioritize and organize work assignments, delegate responsibilities
- Create sense of urgency in matters that will impact the success of the business
- Demonstrate genuine care for customers and employees
- Comfortable conversing with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at all organizational levels
- Possess complete knowledge of emergency procedures of the hotel
- Able to work in fast paced environment
- Able to work without direct supervision
- Able to access and input information into computer
High school graduate or GED required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous hospitality housekeeping experience required. Two to four years supervisory experience required. Previous hotel “brand” experience preferred.
Housekeeping and laundry departments.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.