AKS Engineering & Forestry, LLC, is seeking a full-time Senior Marketing Coordinator to join our established and reputable team. This integral role will help support the continued growth of the firm and our marketing/business development department. If you excel at building collaborative relationships, writing dynamic and responsive proposals, solving challenges with diplomacy and creativity, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment this is the position for you. This position will have you working with technical staff, project managers and firm leadership in a variety of disciplines across all four AKS offices.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Business, or a related combination of education and experience.
- 2-5+ years of A/E/C proposal writing experience.
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision, but function as part of an integrated team.
- Ability to develop a fundamental understanding of all aspects of AKS’ business and be able to clearly communicate that understanding verbally and in writing.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled at meeting management and facilitation.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Illustrator) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with CRM (Cosential) preferred.
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines.
- Must be willing and able to provide industry-specific proposal samples upon request.
- Ability to flexibly adapt to fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
With direct supervision, you will be responsible for managing all stages of the proposal development process, including preparing and developing content, graphic design, and layout; ensuring compliance with solicitation documents; editing; producing the final document; and any other required materials for delivery to the client within the required timeframes. The position will require the ability to interact with all levels of staff, especially middle and senior management, as well as with the marketing team. Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating all proposal materials (graphics, text, forms and subconsultant material) into a polished, client-ready package.
- Leading proposal teams responding to RFPs and RFQs. Driving the proposal process to a successful and timely outcome.
- Ensuring on-time delivery of proposals, SOQs, or other marketing materials.
- Serving as a key member of the larger AKS marketing and business development team, supporting firmwide marketing projects and efforts.
- Traveling to other AKS offices to provide support.
- Maintaining data in firm-wide client relationship management software Cosential.
- Leading and serving in a quality control capacity during the preparation and review of proposal materials developed by other marketing staff.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of AKS’ markets, clients, capabilities, staff, and primary competitors to support the development of pursuit and proposal strategy.
- Supporting lead tracking and marketing-related strategic decisions.
- Developing and maintaining effective positive working relationships with co-workers, clients, and other project team members.
- Participating in interview strategy and preparation meetings; preparing presentation and interview materials.
- Doing what needs to be done.
AKS is a locally owned infrastructure engineering firm that provides professional consulting services to municipal and private clients in the Pacific Northwest. Our company provides a unique combination of services including civil engineering, surveying, planning, natural resources, landscape architecture, arboriculture, water resources, GIS, construction support, and forestry. With this combination of professionals, we bring a holistic approach to problem-solving that allows us to implement solutions that may not be obvious when viewed from a single perspective. We have an established, broad-based portfolio of clients including landowners, real-estate developers, architects, government agencies, public service providers, timberland owners, and others. With four offices and nearly 25 years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to our clients. AKS is consistently ranked among the top 10 largest consulting engineering firms in the Portland metropolitan region. Despite our growth, we have remained true to our values and diligently maintain our focus on quality. Visit our website at www.aks-eng.com for additional information about the work we do.
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique work environment that is professional, friendly, casual, hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after place to work. In fact, AKS was recognized by The Oregonian as one of the Top Workplaces of 2018, 2019, and 2021. We specifically place our offices closer to where our employees live providing us faster response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with clients at all levels of our organization and this philosophy has allowed us to expand and grow. Every employee is a valuable asset and everyone’s voice matters.
AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive compensation, benefits, and special perks. Checkout the Careers page of our website for more information on all that AKS offers.
To apply for this job please visit aksengineeringforestry.applytojob.com.